Year 5/6 Rocks, Fossils and Dinosaurs Day - Wednesday 10th November
During the Autumn term, the Year 5/6 children have been learning about Geology and Evolution. To embed this learning, ‘Portals of the past’ come into school today to carry out a workshop. They brought large exhibits, informative displays and scale models with them.
Throughout the day the children took part in multiple activities:
- Group investigations of the world in various stages of evolution,
- The earths formation
- Time line of bacteria to walking fish to humans
- What is a rock and what are they made of
- The life and times of the Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptor and Triceratops
- What are fossils and how are they made
- Equipment used to excavate fossils
- Hands on examination of fossil specimens
The children dressed up to make the day even more enjoyable.